Replacement steerer tubes

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm looking for one to fit some rst mozo pros. There are some about but due to brexit, no one seems to offer them shipped to the UK anymore so I'm struggling to find one.

I have found this type, but wondering if they will work as they look to be designed for press fit crowns based on the knurling. Plus are they actually any good/safe as generally a press fit requires a, well press and it's not generally something you can do at home.

If anyone knows a UK source or has opinions on the linked steerer, I'm all ears.

Cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've bought RST steerers here XXcycle recently. Based in France, turned up in a few days with the UPS postage option, which does unfortunately cost more than the steerer!

Can't see why the one you've linked wouldn't work, the tube is the same dimensions whether the crown is pressed or clamped.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Weird that there aren't any in the UK, or at least none I can find. They used to be readily available and for peanuts.

I might try the eBay one, I wasn't sure if the dimensions were the same but as you say, they should be.

Will do a bit more searching before pulling the trigger.

Need to assess what else is needed to get the forks running. I'm fronting a bike for a mate so want to be sure it will fit and be safe, and not cost me too much more than I've already thrown at it. The Sync forks on the bike weigh a ton and whilst they work, the bike is now wearing much better kit and the forks really let it down now. That will teach me for thinking it's my bike and what I'd tolerate rather than just fettling it to work.

Back