Re: 1982 Merlin by Bob Jackson Frame & Forks £130 - Campag

PeterPerfect

Senior Retro Guru
For sale I've got a circa 1982 Merlin by Bob Jackson frame and forks. Seat tube is 60 cm measured centre of BB to centre of top tube. From the centre of the BBto the top of the seat tube is 62 cm. Top tube is 58 cm measured C to C. Head tube is 20 cm. Campagnolo headset. Campagnolo front and rear drop outs. Stronglight BB. Underneath the dubious top coat which scrapes off with a fingernail is a baby or duck egg blue pearl paint.
The frame number is: 15408 which makes it 1982. Lovely lightweight 531 frame that re-painted would be stunning. There are a couple of dents to the underside of the top tube. Frame is straight. Half chromed forks. Has front and rear brake bosses for canti's. Would take long drop caliper brakes if you wanted to use 700c wheels. 126 mm rear stays. The frame has some lovely detailed touches to the brake stays and the reason I am not having it re-painted is it's a tough one to have it re-painted in the original colour or opt for a nice BRG which I think would look superb. I have left the Cinelli stem and seat post in but both just pull out and are free moving. The BB is also smooth with no restriction or play in it. Some of the original decals remain on the frame so I have left well alone to assist the restorer. I have no doubt all the green paint on the frame and forks will come off easily to reveal the original paint. Has eyelets for mudguards.

A fantastic opportunity to get your hands on a very desirable frame and fork.

To get a Bob Jackson to this spec new would cost in the region of £550.00

Asking £130.00 collected from the GL5 area of Stroud, Gloucestershire. Will post for an additional £15.00.

Attachments

• DSCN0730 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0730 (Medium).JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,057
  • DSCN0731 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0731 (Medium).JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,057
  • DSCN0733 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0733 (Medium).JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,057
  • DSCN0735 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0735 (Medium).JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,057
  • DSCN0737 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0737 (Medium).JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,057
Reduced: 1982 Merlin by Bob Jackson Frame & Forks £130 Campa

I've managed to reveal the decal on the down tube. It took quite a bit of doing but at least you can see the colour of the frame better in this photo and clearly see the MERLIN decal.

Attachments

• DSCN0738 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0738 (Medium).JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 967
Re: Merlin by Bob Jackson Frame & Forks £175

£90 on Bob Jacksons website for a powder coat and full set of decals. Given that I'd post it for £175

Re: Merlin by Bob Jackson Frame & Forks £160 or £175 posted

I received a reply from Bob Jackson's today. The frame dates from 1982 and I have amended the date on the listing.

Re: Merlin by Bob Jackson Frame & Forks £160 or £175 posted

Reduced to £145 delivered or £130 collected.

Just need it gone as having a sort out.

Re: Re: 1982 Merlin by Bob Jackson Frame & Forks £130 - Camp

Now advertised on ebay. If this needs to be moved to another section of the forum then please go ahead. I cannot find how to do it

I bought this from a Charity Organisation but I paid them retail for it to save it from being swallowed up in a job lot and you can't really haggle when it's for Charity mate. It was in a select room of frames that had been saved for select rebuilds. Were this my size there is no way I would sell it. The frame detailing is some of the nicest I have seen. Alright it's not a Hetchins but then again it is not a grand! I've seen Mercians' with less detail on the frames than this one. Bob Jackson now want £20 to supply the job card for their frames so I think that's a bit rich for a frame I'm not going to own.

It's now on the dreaded eBay with a start price of £79.00 as I am moving soon and need to scale down my collection. Must be the biggest bargain I've ever sold and I've sold a lot.

Back