PMP freehub body info - how to change?

mistermonkeywrench

MacRetro Rider
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience in changing these freehubs?

I bought a nice shiny silver pair cheap-ish but hadn't realised they had a Campy freehub body.

Luckily I found a cracked hub with a still ok Shimano body on.

Pic for identification purposes only..not mine.

Can't seem to find any specific info and still don't know what all the bloomin' grub screws do.

Any help much appreciated, thank you.

Andrew.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717-152949_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-152949_eBay.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 10
I have the rear hub drawings but I'm not at home now . I can send you when I'll be back after day 25th . As I remember a PMP guy show me how to do it almost 20 years ago in their workshop and it was really easy ( the small holes on the freehub body is made to have access to a small allen bolt that allow removing the freehub I guess ) . I never had to do it but years ago I swapped the rear shaft from 130 mm to 135 mm and it comes very easy .

I have the rear hub drawings but I'm not at home now . I can send you when I'll be back after day 25th . As I remember a PMP guy show me how to do it almost 20 years ago in their workshop and it was really easy ( the small holes on the freehub body is made to have access to a small allen bolt that allow removing the freehub I guess ) . I never had to do it but years ago I swapped the rear shaft from 130 mm to 135 mm and it comes very easy .
Oh that's great! Yes, thank you very much - I'm not in an immediate rush...plenty of other wheels to build in the meantime.
I'll be very grateful to get proper knowledge.
Thanks man.
Andrew

Sorry for the large delay ... I really forget few times , but now here You have the hub instructions . They are in italian : if you need some explications contact me and I will help to clear the points . I hope this will help You

Attachments

• PMP_docs_istruzioni_mozzo_anteriore.pdf
    514 KB · Views: 15
  • PMP_docs_istruzioni_mozzo_posteriore.pdf
    948.4 KB · Views: 12
Hey @GCD

No need to apologise at all.
Coincidentally I just got them out of storage yesterday anyway, so perfect timing!
Very grateful - thank you very much.

Happy trails...🤙
Andrew.

Reactions: GCD
Oh that's great! Yes, thank you very much - I'm not in an immediate rush...plenty of other wheels to build in the meantime.
I'll be very grateful to get proper knowledge.
Thanks man.
Andrew
Thanks for posting - very useful docs.
Really basic question-do you know how to set and fix cone adjustment?
Mine keep coming loose and the locknut doesn’t have flats so cant seem to tighten against the cone as i would expect.
Any guidance gratefully appreciated
Thanks in advance
P

Back