Peugeot PK10 Superb Super LJ mechs, Mafac Comp, Wolber Rims

Veloart

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
This is a superb bike which judging by the wear on the pedals, BB, brake pads and frame has barely been ridden. I think this is from 1979-81 however it still has the date code and model no sticker on the BB so this can be deciphered. I think this model at least in France was number 3 in the line up behind the PX and the PY which I think were branded as Super competition (actually my eldest sons road bike at the moment) and used Reynolds 531 for the forks and possibly the other tubes as well.

Component wise it is running pretty much the best the french had to offer at the time with the Peugeot branded Mafac competition brakes and levers and the simplex super LJ front and rear derailleurs. It also has the stronglight 104 crank arms with the drilled chainrings which again I think are the most aesthetically pleasing of the stronglight cranks of the time (an obvious homage to the campy record).

It has the chromed fork crowns and the half chromed front forks - the chrome is in perfect condition although on the left hand fork crown just under the bottom of the headset there is a 2mm nic - which is not visible in the photo - but it is only visible on very close inspection (within 6 inches...). The paintwork as you can see from the photos is pretty much perfect there are no scratches and maybe 2 or 3 nics on the whole frame but tiny this bike really has not been ridden in my opinion more than 100km however it is going to be ridden by me as it's my size for around another 50km tomorrow!

In terms of specifics this is what we have:

Frame: Peugeot PK10 Competition made with the three main tubes Reynolds 531 57cm TT (c2c) 58cm Seat Tube (c2T)

Stem & Bars - ATAX Stem, ATAX Phillipe Franco Itaila Bar

Brakes & Levers : Mafac Competition Brakes and Drilled Levers - with Peugeot Decal. The rubber is in excellent condition but on the left hand lever it is starting to split.

Stem & Saddle: SR Fluted Stem and Concor San Marco Saddle (Happy to exchange for a Ideale 80 Leather Saddle in Good condition if you prefer)

Front & Rear Derailleurs & Shifters: Simplex Super LJ 5500

Bottom Bracket: Stronglight

Headset: Gourgaud Lightrace

Crank Arms & Rings: Stronglight 104 (170mm) with drilled Stronglight 52/42T rings and caps.

Pedals: SR SP100BL

Wheels: Rims Wolber Super Champion Gentleman GTA Grey anodised, Hubs Maillard (trophy?) low flange with Spidel skewers

Tyres: Original Michelin BIB TS 20

Simplex integral Seat Bolt Black TA Bottle Holder

This bike is in the best condition of any bike I have come across which has not just been sitting in a shop for the past 30 years - the colour scheme is of a slight pearlescent yellow/green and is very alluring to the eye combined with some genuinely top end french parts - it is a very attractive machine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clovencoll ... 3011/show/

Any queries email Tom on dedash11@hotmail.com Price £495

Back