Peugeot Carbolite Retro Fixed Gear / Single Speed For Sale

jgmu97

Dirt Disciple
Selling my Fixie as I've just brought a car...

I built it up last summer.I Brought the 1982 Frameset, which included original Crankset, Handlebars, Seatpost and Brake Levers off eBay...I Finished the build with brand new Wheels, Tyres, Drivetrain, Saddle, Brake Calipers and Bar Tape.

(Tech/Spec) - The frame is 57cm , so it suits riders 5ft9 to about 6ft2. The Rear wheel has a flip flop hub, so its got a 52/18 fixed and a 52/17 freewheel. The brake calipers were new, so the pads have hardly worn. Wheel bearings are sealed, and they're running as smooth as they did the day i got them. Headset has no play, and feels very smooth. Bottom Bracket was new when i built it so its running 100%. Rear tyre is starting to wear but thats it and would only cost around £7 for a replacement. Bar tape is showing no signs of wear and neither is the saddle. Frame obviously has marks, due to being 30+ years old! However, there's no bad marks, areas of rust, cracks or dents, just a few cosmetic scratches...

Since building, i have hardly ridden the bike, got around 300miles max out of it. It makes the perfect commuter. I used it to get to college and it was great, its a very light bike so its very quick, especially with the gearing ratios ive used.

Looking for offers of around £300. Postage will be a little extra on top. I have no use for this bike now, as i have got my car, so i will accept offers! I tried to sell it last year but bottled out as i still enjoyed riding it. Now i just ride my MTB so it needs to go.

Thanks!

Attachments

• front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 491
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 491
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 491
  • crankset.jpg