Peeling corners bike frame decals and how to re-attach them

GoldCrest1

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I noticed an original decal on my bike frame was starting to peel slightly on two corners. It is otherwise in condition.

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions of what could be used that might stick the corners back down but without damaging the frame/paint or being too permanent?

I’ve used a 3M spray adhesive product on clear, it works really well and lasts. You need to mask up the area to cut down on clean up & you can use a citrus adhesive cleaner to remove excess whilst not damaging the graphics.

Attachments

• C27B86C6-9BB7-4CDD-9323-22B419DFAF19.png
    C27B86C6-9BB7-4CDD-9323-22B419DFAF19.png
    239.5 KB · Views: 1
With foil stickers on wheels, I've had good results dabbing on a bit of superglue with a disposable makeup applicator (awesome for grease too!), then pressing down. You might need to clean up a bit afterwards but the repair will resist all the crap your wheels might encounter.

Good thing about modern high strength spray adhesives is you can have multiple attempts and clean up.
Super glue can be awesome, but if you get it wrong you’re stuffed, oh until the winter when you bring your freezing aluminium wheels indoors and then it just cracks off! 😁

Back