Owen Blower Bike

Adieboy

Retro Newbie
I have owned this bike for a number of years and use it frequently. I think it is an early Blower but would much appreciate your thoughts on the frame builder and age. tempImagePDOpJx.png tempImageZBWSpP.png tempImageTNyQoF.png

Owen blower ran a shop in Leicester. May still do for all I know. I dont know if he built frames or outsourced framebuilding.
Looking at clearances, fork crown and braze ons, I'd say 70s

AFAIK his frames were bought in. Possibly from a variety of sources but I don't recognise the seat stay top at all. Looks rather chunky and inelegant to me.

If you use it frequently, you should treat yourself to a new saddle, hoods and bar tape.
Yolo!
Maybe even treat the bike to a blast & powdercoat.

AFAIK his frames were bought in. Possibly from a variety of sources but I don't recognise the seat stay top at all. Looks rather chunky and inelegant to me.
I have exactly that style on my Witcomb, which like the Blower has mudguard eyes. I have always wondered if it was seen as a way to offer more reinforcement for a clubman machine which would do some light touring.

It’s crude & hardly quality…..

Back