Overburys road bike 1986

Joe_Rides

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Not actually a “Road Racer” as described by the seller of course.

It’s a Connoisseur touring bike.

Presume Andy/Overbury’s only had one touring bike frame?

I’ve just got an ‘86 one too so it’s interesting to compare specs.

Mine clearly doesn’t have the original saddle, stem, rear mech or tyres. Unsure about the brake levers as they are Weinmann - the one above has Shimano, same as the cantilevers on both bikes.

The one above seems to have Shimano hubs with Overbury built wheels, mine has Maillard hubs - dated ‘86 - from the Midland Wheel Co.

Presume spec details were chosen by original bike purchasers, depending (partly l) on what they could afford?

E71DBBDE-83BA-4650-966C-AFF55D9FBDD3.jpeg

A few connoisseur on here. Nice bikes. Seem to come up regularly on fleabay at silly prices.

Yes, I’ve seen your 25”!

Spectacular

Thing about “silly prices” - especially on eBay - is (obviously) how much the bidders are willing to pay on the day.

Also an understanding of what’s actually for sale - condition, equipment etc.

I’m sure people buying Mercians will be happy with their purchases.

But 531 + bits + name = x £s is a personal choice…

Condition is the extra piece of string to consider.

Incidentally is anyone currently making Overbury Connoisseur decals?

Of course the important thing is ‘does it ride well’.

Mine is on its first rough trail with some mud ride.

Very pleasant.

Bike too.

Needs a few things sorted, esp bar covering when I’ve finalised brakes (might have to try STIs, it’s a long reach to the downtube ).

2114C0EB-2650-4256-9D56-94E3DA4645E2.jpeg 1E5D1CE6-ECD0-4D09-991D-0D83004445B7.jpeg

Back