Sold Orange X1 (1996) unusual chrome and black version - £150 Sheffield - or may post

sjcprojects

Orange 🍊 Fan
I bought this on here fairly recently mainly out of curiosity, but having scratched that itch, I now have plenty of other projects so this has to make room. Cost me £150 so I'm just asking the same. Size is a small (though given the geometry I'd say size is not so important).

IMG_5939.JPG

Some nice FIR wheels with LX hubs on this, as well. The front shock is not original obviously, but it's in good condition. The rear shock is original and actually seems fairly decent without any sag, the only noticeable thing is that it squeaks a bit when going over proper bumps - but it is over 25 years old and I am very far from knowledgeable about these, so bear that in mind :LOL:.

I do know that they only made a few with a black rear triangle, so this is fairly unusual, but this being Retrobike rather than eBay I've resisted using the word RARE...but if it doesn't sell here it will end up there and I may be forced to use that word.

Collection only from Sheffield or I can potentially post at cost (£15-25) – but I would need to look into that a bit first. More photos available on request.

Last edited:
Forgot to say it's a small size - added that info now...according to the spec that's good for riders up to 5'9", but I'm 5'11" and I found it fine with a longer seatpost.

Last edited:
I’m guessing the original fork on this was a Rockshox Indy SL? Is it 1inch steerer?

Yes, 1" steerer.

As I understand it you were asked to choose your own fork out of the options they had. In the 97 brochure they show the X1 'Pro' with Judy DH, but Indy XC were an option.

By the way, I've edited the thread to reflect it's actually a 1996 build (A603189 serial number), and it's the small size.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 09.23.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 09.23.33.png
    210 KB · Views: 9
I've had some interest, but this is still available. It's also on eBay, but cheaper on here due to fees, of course.

Back