Orange P7

jownayd

Retro Newbie
You’d be hard pressed to find another P7 Pro of this vintage in this condition. You’re looking at a classic 1990’s gem, loaded with a fully original specification and now by-gone detailing that Orange Factory Mountain Bikes just don’t do any longer. Orange embroidered saddle, Orange ‘stick up’ seatpost, Orange ‘hot rod’ flat bars and stem, original Orange grips, etc. But that’s the icing on the cake, this remains a top specification steel hardtail mountain bike with classic original high-end components as follows:

Orange P7 Steel Hardtail Frame (19’’) in matt black with original decals and head badge, etc. I'm 5'9'' and it fits me great (just a bit big for use with child seat for me)

Manitou Spyder suspension fork (100mm travel) black colour with adjustable rebound etc, lube ports and concertinaed stanchion protectors. All original decals and working perfectly, beautifully smooth and plush travel

Shimano Deore LX Shifters front and rear (need to be reset since I took off the Hamax baby seat clamp, having had to release the gear cable – sorry I’m no techie but a simple job for someone in the know!).

Shimano Deore LX Derailleur

Shimano Deore LX Rear Mech

Avid AD – 1.OL V-Brakes (unbelievable stopping power for v-brakes. Honestly, they perform like hydraulic disc brakes!)

Shimano STX RC Crankset and triple ring

Original flat pedals with removable toe guards / pedal assisters (mt. zefal)

Ritchey XC Hubs front and rear

WTB Speed rims (silver)

DT Swiss silver spokes

Ritchey Logic Headset

Ritchey quick release skewers front and rear

Orange ‘Stick Up’ seat post

Original matt silver seat post clamp

Orange Factory embroidered saddle

Orange ‘Hot Rod’ flat bar

Orange stem

Maxxis High Roller tyres (the only component not original to my knowledge - not the amber wall tyres shown in photo)

Orange grips (original)

Trek bottle cage

X-Lite Aluminium bar ends

This bike is a joy to ride and fills you with that illusive childhood feeling of just having fun on a bike. Whether you’re looking at this as an Orange enthusiast , a collector’s piece or just as a beautiful P7, you’ll notice that the newer P7’s look hardly any different. This is a renowned design classic steel hardtail. It’s eminently rideable - I used it only a handful of times with my baby son in a Hamax seat on the back but the frame is ever so slightly too big for that duty! It was great with a set of road wheels on too (see one of the photos – illustrative only, road wheels not included in the sale) but I just haven’t done it justice as it's never been ridden off road! Don’t be fooled by the retro looks, this is a top performing P7 mountain bike, really light and still waiting patiently to be ridden hard on the mountain trail or singletrack by a deserving owner. Looking for £375 ono.

The bike can be collected in the Bolton / Manchester area or I may be able to arrange to deliver between NW England and S. Wales as I travel sometimes that way with my job. Preference is cash on collection as I don't want to be stung by paypal fees for an item of this value. This is a genuine UK only sale, no time wasters please, Please get in touch if you have any queries. Lots more pics on request. Cheers.

Attachments

• retrobike pic.jpg
    retrobike pic.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 1,264
Thanks for the clarification guys. Sorry, I'm new to retro bike and not a techie so done my best to list accurately but extra info always welcome!
:)

Back