Orange ev02, Hope / Mavic, Miche chainset, Syncros road stem

i-am-iron-man

Senior Retro Guru
'99 Orange ev02 ... (looks like this is off to start a new life with Jon)

As a two-wheels-on-the-ground sort of a rider this bike has seen scarce action, but last year it looked tired enough for me to treat it to a new powdercoat - the decals had become ragged, and a combination of Hope hydraulic hose and zip-ties had made a few rub marks on the original coating. While I was at it the bike made a pit-stop to BAE Systems, where a welder removed the canti bosses and sealed the holes in the stays - even under close scrutiny, the frame looks like it was disc-specific the day it left Orange.

23082007114.jpg
SANY0815.jpg

I did build the bike up after it had been finished; I rode it down the road to a friends house to show off what I had done, but then the bike was scuttled and I sold off all the parts. The frame has been sitting on a shelf ever since looking pretty.

orange14.jpg

And pretty it is - it has been brilliantly finished in a loud shade of orange and has decals and head badge from the manufacturer. Looks-wise it appears factory original. It shows no signs of having ever been built aside from light clamp marks around the dropouts and some grease in the seat tube. No storage marks. The pictures do it no justice at all - it is an incredibly pretty frame and looks very butch in a fat tubed, gusseted sort of a way.

SANY0817.jpg
SANY0816.jpg

Size is 17" c-t-c and 19" c-t-t. It has disc hose guides, crud bosses and comes fitted with a Cane Creek S2 (which was fitted new and hasn't been used). Yours @ £125 posted.

Hope / Mavic Disc Wheelset

These are the wheels I used with the Orange frame. They are black 32h Hope Sport hubs laced to grey Mavic X317 disc-specific rims. They are drilled for siz-bolt rotors.

SANY0824.jpg
SANY0823.jpg

Condition is very, very good: both hubs are unmarked apart from light wear around the flanges where the spokes have rubbed; the Mavic decal shows slight wear on the front wheel; and the rear rim shows zero signs of use because I recently had it rebuilt with a NOS rim (after sone over-zealous tightening by the LBS cracked the original rim). The bearings feel the same as they did when I bought them.

SANY0822.jpg
SANY0821.jpg

I have vivid memories of paying £90 just for the rear hub on its own and I'm keeping the tyre...asking £125 posted.

Miche / Condor Track Chainset

I ended up owning this when I bought my Surly - the previous owner reported that he'd never really used it and then I took it off the bike and put it on a shelf. The chainset shows only vague signs of use on the chainring. There are no marks whatsoever on the cranks. It is spotless.

SANY0819.jpg
SANY0818.jpg

The chainring is 46T, cranks are 170 and it takes a track chain. I don't have the original bolts and you'll need a Miche BB to run it. £45 posted

XT Sharkfin

I had a bee in my bonnet about the amount of these I have lost in action (and not good action either; instances include leaving the house without actually fastening one on yet and losing it somewhere, and my dog consuming another one as it was posted). I bought this one on here a few weeks ago; unfortunately, immediately after I bought it I found that I had one in my toolbox that I'd forgotten about. So I have two now.

10042009353.jpg

This one is new in its packet, with instructions, double-sided sticky bit and zip-ties. SJS Cycles are selling them new in their packet now for a retro-ridiculous £49; I paid £23, asking £20 posted.

Hope Hub

I really, really needed this - but I've just managed to get a Fatso instead.

10042009357.jpg
10042009356.jpg

32H, blue ano flanges, titanium in the middle, weights nothing and harder than you'd think to photograph. Never been laced up or used. £20 posted.

Syncros Road Stem

Silver, very shiny indeed and the decals are in decent condition (although I couldn't rescue the hammer 'n' cycle one).

10042009355.jpg
10042009354.jpg

It has a 130mm extension, a negative rise (I can't remember how many degrees), takes a 26mm road bar and has a 1" quill. It looked ace on my Orange road bike but then I bought an identical black one from here instead for forty quid. I'd like £20 posted for it please.

Prices are all UK posted...

i really don't need that evo! really i don't!!! stop tempting me! shut up shut up shut up!!! flaunting your goodies at me, it's just rude! :LOL:

if it doesn't sell for a while and nobody wants it give me a shout after i get paid next month!! i don't need another project (seriously) but i could be tempted at some point!

in the meantime, free bump! :D

jonnyboy666":39qipmwm said:
i really don't need that evo! really i don't!!! stop tempting me! shut up shut up shut up!!! flaunting your goodies at me, it's just rude! :LOL:

if it doesn't sell for a while and nobody wants it give me a shout after i get paid next month!! i don't need another project (seriously) but i could be tempted at some point!

in the meantime, free bump! :D

Fon't you want it even though it is the prettiest bike you've seen in ages?
Its that shiny in real life too. And if you buy it off me, I will throw in some sort of extra which may or may not be bike-related.

...and please don't make me feed her to eBay.

Zardoz31":1anq8nb2 said:
Hi,

May I know if you can imagine selling Hope hubs only? (without rims)

:roll:

Not really...
...well, no, definitely not.

Are you named "Zardoz" after the Sean Connery film of the same name?

Jonnyboy, I can pop down and take some high res pictures or even a movie of the frame for you, just to make sure you really don't want it :D

Even better, if you buy it and the wheels I can sit on it, grab the back of a bus for a ride back to my house, then build it up and keep it at my house if you want :LOL:

Orange Frame

Well, if it makes any difference to anyone, I'll kick the Syncros stem shown fitted to the bike in with it...

Are you named "Zardoz" after the Sean Connery film of the same name?

Yes, that it is.

Love those old 70's movies.

Not a problem for hope hubs... :|

(shipping cost are higher for a complete wheel, that was the only reason)

Cheers

Latest posts

Back