One up rad cage on xt m8000 mech

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've got a nice rad cage that I bought a while ago, but I can't remember what mech it works with. It is marked up with xt and xtr so that's a start, but not sure if it's compatible with 11sp or not. I have one on a 10sp xtr but want to use this one on an 11sp xt. Are they the same fit?

I don't want to take my mech apart to find it doesn't fit if I can avoid it. But I'd like to use it as I'm going all in on a green theme.

So, it seems it would be for a 10sp mech, solving the problem that was later incorporated into the 11sp mech cages.

Does anyone know if it is possible to swap over an 11sp one, is the fitting the same for cage. I'd assume it would be fine but hopefully someone knows for sure and if there are any issue doing so.

I dont think the rad cage fits 11 speed. i had a rad cage when i ran 10 speed. shimano 11 speed mtb will run up to a 46t rear cassette, if you want to run larger get a garbaruk derailleur cage. the offset, ie the distance between the cage pivot point & the centre of the upper jockey wheel isnt enough on either the rad cage or a stock 11 speed shimano to work with a 50 (or larger, sunrace do a 11 speed 51t cassette)

Cheers. I read up and kind of free they conclusion but I was just wondering if the cage fitting was the same and would fit. It's purely a cosmetic/vanity reason for wanting to do it, I just don't want to ruin a perfectly minty mech. I guess I could remove the mech cage and see how different they are in terms of fit and size and jockey placement. I could do most without taking the mech apart, I was just wondering if anyone had done it already. I've got the same cage on my xtr 10sp. Can't remember what max cog I'm running as not ridden ina while due to various injuries.

Back