Sold Olympus XA2 & A11 Flashgun 35mm camera

Jackinit123

Dirt Disciple
Up for sale is this 1980s Olympus XA2 & A11 Flashgun 35mm camera if your into your old cameras this is a great example of one in a rare red tested and working in its original box and instructions great time warp camera for a collector or to use as 35mm is quite popular now owned from new

110 ono

Specs

Olympus XA2

Lens: 35mm f/3.5, four element Tessar variant, front element focus.

Focus: three zone manual. Resets to mid-distance when clamshell is closed.

Metering: Center weighted, program auto.

ISO: 25 to 800.

Shutter: 1/500 - 2 seconds. Aperture integrated with the two shutter blades.

Power: 2 S76 cells.

Size: 2.598" x 4.102" x 1.605" HWD (measured).

Weight: 7.480 oz., (212.1g) with two S76 cells (measured)

Olympus A11 Flash

GN: 33,' 10m , ASA 100 (rated)

Power: One AA cell, alkaline or Ni-Cd . Rated 150 shots, alkaline.

Recycle: 7 seconds.

Exposure Settings: ISO 100, IS0 400 and Manual full-power.

Exposure Technology: On-flash accumulation sensor, non-thyristor.

Size: 2.4 x 1.4 x 1.3" (60 x 36 x 33mm) HWD, specified.

Weight: 2.275 oz. (64.55g) (without AA cell, measured).

IMG_1727.jpeg IMG_1728.jpeg IMG_1731.jpeg IMG_1734.jpeg

That takes me back!
In the early-mid 1990s I bought a second-hand one in the standard black colour that I used for my mountaineering and climbing photos with print film. I can't remember how much it cost.

I then bought another for taking transparencies (slide), this was also second-hand but, because it was in the rarer red colour, it was £10 more than the shop's normal price of £100. Both cameras were carried in CCS belt pouches on my rucksack; it all seems rather dated now.

Your second photo - with you holding the camera - captures the attractive purple-red colour that I remember. I think the flash has made it look a bit too bright red in the other photos.

These were very well-regarded cameras and even I managed to produce some decent, sharp images. This is a good buy for anyone who wants to dabble in film technology and, to boot, is a nice object to own.

Kevin

Last edited:
Have a bump.

Also had a black outfit. And a minox with the trapdoor lens. Lovely little well made cameras.

Latest posts

Back