NOS Tires: Butterscotch Tioga / Continental / etc(amberwall)

Re:

also interested in the baja - had the add in the wanted section for what seems like an eternity
thanks

Re:

Yes, all Conti's and Tioga's are gone, sorry for those who missed out. Didn't know they are so sought after.

For the Vredestein's there are two people interested, no definite answer from both.
The blue wall Ritcheys WCS are still available.

Re: Re:

Giom6":2mic19j2 said:
Did Spud get the Conti's?

Hi Giom6,
I'd best be honest about this as it really bugs me. Retro Spud was a real gentleman and admitted he did not have a project for the Baja right away, so he agreed to let that one go to someone else who was looking for one for years to complete a set.
I really did my best to have an orderly sale here, but the mix up of PM's and forum posts remains an issue. I had a forum post from you saying you were looking for one for years and a PM with the same sort of message from mfhxgram with accompanied post in the wanted section, hence the mix-up. After so many Baja-requests I contacted retrospud to see if he really needed all three, he admitted his main interest was the Nav+XC set. As soon as I got his message I PM'd back mfhxgram that his long search came to an end. He paypalled the money directly, before I properly cross check who posted what when.

I can live with my mistake and justify it for myself with the fact that he has a wanted topic for a Baja from over a year old.
So apologies, this sale didn't go as orderly as I would have liked to, it is always difficult to please everybody especially when there are also people mixed in who want to buy it, put up dibs first, and then wait a few days before they decide that they don't want to spend the money after all. It is hard to keep track of all 'movements' you see.
Again, I had no clue that Baja's were that sought after, otherwise I would never have added it to the conti set, which actually got the whole mix up started.

Re:

Thanks for being honest but it doesn't really help me out at all.

Doesn't seem to be much point posting on the forum if people can just come along and take it from under your nose.

Bad form...

Re:

Hi Giom6,

The easy way out for me was to have Spud take them all three, then there would not have been any discussion. But no, I wanted to please as many people; thought I did good, but with the nasty result of only more disappointed people :facepalm:
True, honesty is not helping you. Well all I can give you is this: I'm sure I will have more items for sale in the future maybe no Baja, but if there are parts you are interested in I will certainly not forget that I made a mistake with this sale and you will have an advantage. Your name is now stuck in my head for sure :xmas-wink:
I keep saying it: I was not aware of the Baja shortage in this world and how delicate the sale of one would be.

Back