Newbie with a Orange C16-R

bikeownerus

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Newbie alert ....

I've recently got hold of a well used Orange C16-R. I'm looking to get it back to a rideable state just to see what it feels like through the local woods (I've mainly done road work of late). I've stripped it right back and will need to get a BB, chain, steering bearings and cables (as a minimum).

It has knackered Alivio gear (21 speed) at the moment and I don't want to spend a fortune (initially) - if anyone has anything they're looking to sell which is of representative quality and serviceable, please let me know. I'm happy to keep it 21 speed at the moment as I'm guessing it's quite a faff to upgrade. Or should I buy new chainset, etc, given that I've got to get a brand new chain??

Appreciative of any advice or sale items you'd recommend - I'm in the Beds area (UK).

Thanks

Doug

Hi and welcome

I have a complete C 16 R that I had plans for but I'm willing to sell it complete.
Might be useful as a donor bike. It has original saddle, seatpost, bars, profile stem, full shimano stx throughout, rock shox. Frame is probably a 16 inch.

Pm me if it may be of interest

Thanks

Back