lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
just spent the weekend moving my parents to their new home on the edge of the lincolnshire wolds. its only 9 miles from the centre of grimsby but my god, its beautiful. they have a gate at the bottom of their garden which is 3 metres away from a bridleway.

being there feel like being on holiday. open fields, a farm and a thatched cottage are their waking views! i'm really pleased for them. just gutted they can't buy it!

it is a beautiful area and i am intending on getting my dad back out on his 1993 khs montana summit (untouched since about 96!) and explore the area.

my mum does a cracking bacon buttie so once i have worked out a decent route i'll try and organise a retro ride at chez lewis.

sigh .... of all the things I miss living out here, open, rolling countryside is top of that list.

I think we need to see some pics :D . Since I moved to deepest, darkest Wales my parents keep jabbering on about how they want to move down, but they show no signs of doing so. They currently live in Southampton, right next to the University. They get woken in the night by noisey students and wake up in the morning to a garden full of half eaten kebabs.
Parents, I just can't make em out sometimes. :roll:
Sounds like your parents have found a lovely spot :)

Yep, same here. My folks love Dorset, but insist on living in their totally unsuitable 'family home' in Farnborough for the rest of their lives. Jeez, wouldn't mind, but they spend most of the time whinging about the place. Parents eh?

Lesson for us all. Life is short, live somewhere you want to be, with people you want to be with and surround yourself with bikes!

they were living in central grimsby for nearly a year and they hated it. my dad had to put his car in storage as it would have got trashed left in the street. a series of coincidences found them this property. its actually owned by a farmer and they generally rent to thier workers/families but a bizarre chain of events saw my parents with the keys.

i took my camera but didnt have time to get it out but next time i go i'll snap a few shots off. i have a bike stationed there too so i'll be checking out the tracks and see where i end up.

Back