My Homage to Flandria and Freddy Maertens

Meant to say Ned, I saw the bike at Sheffield and it looked a proper bobby dazzler in the flesh. :D

FLANDRIA

Hello Paul, my dopplegangger.
Great minds think alike or are on the same track.
You might remember me by accicdent from meeting about Hillebrand CAD in the 80's
or my back wheel with a 13-17 block a few years earlier, (your shure to remember that).
Your Flandria looks pretty cool. Don't worry about it not being ligit, Porsche won the Le mans 24 hours using a Jag chassis.
I'm about to build up a 10 years old frame in Flandria colours. mostly with Campag Super Record and only Shimano parts are the brake hoods.
All the Campag kit was taken from the Alltek alloy bonded frame that I bought from Mel Bently/Leeds Mercury.
The "Fandria" will be a spare as I've just built a new Hydro Formed Alloy/Carbon bike based a Guerciotti, with Campag drive chain and brakes.
Semi - retro in style, not these sprayed up carbon type Airfix Kit type fames
from the East, that bugger has. Unfortunatley I got banged of it by a Clio on the A19 having done just 70 miles. The bikes fine but my nerve has gone.
KIT
Les Street
PS the photo file of the Guerc is not loading , so I'll send this when I have more time.

Re: FLANDRIA

leslie w street":2b8kao01 said:
Hello Paul, my dopplegangger.
Great minds think alike or are on the same track.
You might remember me by accicdent from meeting about Hillebrand CAD in the 80's
or my back wheel with a 13-17 block a few years earlier, (your shure to remember that).
Your Flandria looks pretty cool. Don't worry about it not being ligit, Porsche won the Le mans 24 hours using a Jag chassis.
I'm about to build up a 10 years old frame in Flandria colours. mostly with Campag Super Record and only Shimano parts are the brake hoods.
All the Campag kit was taken from the Alltek alloy bonded frame that I bought from Mel Bently/Leeds Mercury.
The "Fandria" will be a spare as I've just built a new Hydro Formed Alloy/Carbon bike based a Guerciotti, with Campag drive chain and brakes.
Semi - retro in style, not these sprayed up carbon type Airfix Kit type fames
from the East, that bugger has. Unfortunatley I got banged of it by a Clio on the A19 having done just 70 miles. The bikes fine but my nerve has gone.
KIT
Les Street
PS the photo file of the Guerc is not loading , so I'll send this when I have more time.

Nice to hear from you Les. I rejoined Calder last year and rode a few TT's. Even Mel is having a go again now!

Hi Paul
Glad to see that Mel is still around. I might do a few 10's down on the
Heck course this year. Because of the shunt, I only go out 10-4 week days
mostly this my side of Wake. No comments please about the colour of my Guerc, you know I'm a value guy (Cheapskate). I got a great deal.
Les S

Back