Mountain Biker International Article from 1992, can you help?

Peteyholmes

Retro Newbie
Hello All.
In the summer of 1992, a mate and I took part in the fantastic "Yorkshire Dales Tour", based out of Aysgarth. It was two days of the best tracks the dales have to offer. Brilliantly organised with a few stops and a pack of photocopied route notes. Firstly, does anyone remember this event? it ran for 91,92 & 93, I think.
Secondly, Mountain Biker International ran an article about the '92 edition, (or possibly the '91 edition) and I was wondering if anyone had this copy? I think it would have been the Oct, Nov or Dec issue. The main picture for the articles title page had a view of the limestone scenery with two riders crossing it (my mate and me). I would love to see it again and read it over.

Great memories of some earlyish days of mountain biking. No competition timings, no sat navs, no Strava. Bum bags full of sandwiches and an OS map. Bring back the 90's.

Any scans would be amazing. Thanks.

This article was written by Mountain Biker Magazine in 1992. I have been trying to find out what happened to the author and if he still rides his bike. If anyone knows anything about him please let me know!
I am looking for any information regarding the following people:
- John C. (Jack) Stumpf
- Jack Stumpf's Bike Shop
- Jack Stumpfs Bike Company
- Jack Stumpff's Bicycle Co.
- Jack Stumpfer
- Jack Stumpffer
- Jack Stumpfe
- Jack Stumpffe
- Jack Stumpft
- Jack Stumpfr
- Jack Stumprf