MKM Tourer / Racer - Campagnolo / Cinelli / Mavic

Re:

Well, following problem after problem, the bike's finally here!
Unfortunately it arrived with a bent rear mech (not Cyclone), the front mech's cage completely snapped off and a snapped skewer lever. The mudguards are trash and the carrier's cracked... I'm not bothered in the slightest about these though as long as the frame's ok - and it seems to be fine, in fact it's in remarkably good shape! :)
To be fair, I think MyHermes might have had something to do with the damage, as the box had clearly been opened and had a gaping hole in it which had been patched on the outside with bubble wrap! - it also took them an age to deliver due to some unexplained delay and pseudo 'delivery attempts'.. No worries though, I'm pretty pleased! It's a beautifully built frame that's for sure, and the parts that matter are fine ..even the pedal bearings are ok despite the absent dust caps.

Plans are, after rebuilding the rear wheel: running a Campag Rally or long-cage Nuovo mech (bit more interesting), ol' faithful Brooks Swift and my fave Grand Bois Cerf tyres. Oh, and a period Campa headset if I can find a cheapie..

This has been a laboured and slightly anxious purchase, but all's well that ends well and I'm pretty chuffed!
MKMs are certainly lovely frames.

**** my Hermes. Glad your happy in the end. Sorry for the issues my end.

For 130 including postage you can't quibble.

Enjoy Ben - hope it serves you well

Re:

It's all good Oli :) - I was about to email you after me tea.
myherpes can be w@nkers indeed !

..Really impressed with MKMs craftsmanship - Mr Elsworth's one talented guy. Don't half fancy an Ultimate now! ;)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back