Mixte centrepull brake straddle wire - who sells them?

jimfrandisco

Dirt Disciple
Any ideas where I can get a double barrel ended straddle wire that's longer than the standard 110mm for a centre pull brake (Weinmann).
I know this has been asked before...but that was 2013!

I have a CB mixte and struggling to find a straddle cable for the rear brake. The standard (?) ones are too short as I need one long enough to run either side of the seat post, but short enough that it doesn't foul the frame mounted adjuster.

The 3rd/4th photo on this page show what I need:
http://sargentandco.bigcartel.com/p...te-reynolds-531-51cm-seat-tube-53-cm-top-tube

I've tried using a 350mm staddle cable, with the quick release bit cut off, but that's too long

I suspect i need something in the region of 280-300mm.

Do they exist? If not, do I have to improvise with some kind of adjustable cable barrel clamp?

Any mixte owners has the same issue?

Thanks

Jim

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I bought some from Germany for my daughters Majestique;

But I’m sure I bought the 130mm or 140mm version, I don’t remember it being as long as 300.
B9746279-ACAB-412B-BE3E-73A87D8718FE.jpeg

Thanks both. Yes, probably less than 300. Not sure where I got that from, just know it's longer than the standard. Unfortunately that german site seems a little confused, it lists a number of lengths but won't let you stipulate which one you want to order.
The solderless barrels might be an easier solution. I was trying to avoid that as I don't think the brakes have a slot that would allow any cable to extend out past the barrel, so not sure how secure it would be. Will have a look. Cheers

Thanks both. Yes, probably less than 300. Not sure where I got that from, just know it's longer than the standard. Unfortunately that german site seems a little confused, it lists a number of lengths but won't let you stipulate which one you want to order.
The solderless barrels might be an easier solution. I was trying to avoid that as I don't think the brakes have a slot that would allow any cable to extend out past the barrel, so not sure how secure it would be. Will have a look. Cheers
The only one you can order is the 130 Weinmann. If you want the other brand 140 you need to write that in the order notes.
Not that it matters as he’s reached his VAT threshold for the year and won’t take orders till after the end of 2022

Get an MTB brake cable then cut it to length saving the nipple end. To the cut end attach a solder-less nipple clamped on with machine screw; as used on Tandem drum brake cable ends. This result is an XL straddle wire!
Sick Puppy

Latest posts

Back