For Sale MB Dronfield Tourer - nicely specced, Sheffield £295

sjcprojects

Orange 🍊 Fan
This is not mine, it's for sale at my LBS, but I have an MB myself, and I really like it, so I thought just in case anyone else is interested. Also, this bike shop is actually part of a charity, which is a bonus...

MB.png

It's a bit of a weird fade paint job, but I sort of like the oddness of it. Anyway, I think £295 is decent for a serviced ready to go 531c bike. Nice compact gearing, too.

For those that don't know, MB Dronfield bikes were made by Vernon Barker, who still makes bikes under his own name in Sheffield (which will cost you a lot more than £295!).

For those that don't know, MB Dronfield bikes were made by Vernon Barker, who still makes bikes under his own name in Sheffield (which will cost you a lot more than £295!).
That's not true
Vernon retired several years ago. The chap who bought the business off Vernon now makes the frames under the VB name. And he has relocated from the original Dronfield shop to Sheffield

That's not true
Vernon retired several years ago. The chap who bought the business off Vernon now makes the frames under the VB name. And he has relocated from the original Dronfield shop to Sheffield

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info. I did think Vernon must be getting on a bit to still be making frames, but then some people never retire, do they? Kind of confusing that they've kept the same name, though I guess that happens quite a bit, too. I personally prefer the look of most of the MB-era frames compared to the later stuff.

Agree, I too like the MB Dronfield transfers better, they were a nice design. But I guess once Vernon found himself alone after M retired, he wanted his name on the frames

Back