Sold Martyn Ashtons First MTB

scant

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
This is Martyn Ashtons first MTB, when both he & Martin Hawes were sponsored by Cycle Action bike shop. It has been heavily used with cracks & repairs & as such isnt in rideable condition, this is definately a wall hanger, rather than rider. Theres a big repair on the upper part of the downtube repair that Martyn recently autographed. Proceeds from this sale go to Martyn. £400posted UK mainland, insured with tracking. £350 cash collected s.e.wales. NO overseas delivery.

SOLD

Last edited:
I remember Cycle Action in Ash Vale. Run by Kim Hardy brother of Jay Hardy, from the Totally Wild video, if I remember correctly. I also recall seeing the Martyns at a NPS ? race in Aldershot/Rushmoor Arena with that very bike. I had no idea who they were at the time as it was before they starting appearing in magazines.

Just to let you know that Martyn's bike will be going to the National Cycle Museum for inclusion in their collection. Martyn has been such an inspiration to me over the years, so I was pleased to be able to pay it forward like this. Hopefully his story will reach an even wider audience as a result.

Thanks also to scant for their flexibility and the opportunity!

Back