Martin Hawes Trials Bike

MickyB

Retro Newbie
Martin Hawes Team Trials Bike 13.8” SOLD
Model 183/500 with original forks and the original signed certificate.
Frame is used but good condition for its age.
Currently fitted with: Azonic WF2 shorty 120mm stem, gold Azonic DH bars, original black giant seat clamp, 8 spd sram grip shift (needs a new cable), 8 spd XT short cage rear mech, LX hollowtech cranks and BB, Black Sun Ringle pedals, red FSA orbit headset with red headlock (needs replacing) and a black DDG kevlar saddle. Wheels are Sun Big Mammoth rim with a black Goldtec Draco hub on the rear and a mavic X317 rim with a red/silver Hope front hub on the front. Rear wheel needs re-building. Specialized evil twin tyres. Cherry on the cake are the Magura HS33 blue edition hydraulic rim brakes. These are quite rare and, although I can’t actually prove it, belonged to the legend that is Steve Geall. I bought them from him when I was at college in Brockenhurst in the New Forest back in 2000!!
I would prefer to sell as a whole. It’s quite hard to value as everything seems quite hard to find these days. It does have a lot of sentimental value so I’m going with £400 to start with as a sum of its parts as is not 100% working order. Obviously would be interested in sensible offers. Collection only near Buxton, Derbyshire.

Also have 8spd XT shifter £10, XTR V brake levers £25 (SOLD) a set of XT V brakes £25 SOLD, Azonic WF 70mm stem £5 (SOLD) and a black Hope quick release 34.9mm seat clamp £5 for sale separately, which I could probably post out for a fee.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BxgOuXWut6sYBnHA2
Happy to add specific photos if required.

fattiman":3ogezgc4 said:
Was this actually one of his team frames?

No only one of the 500 made for public, team trials was just the name it's written on all of them as far as I know.

Back