Marin Quake 9.0 FRS 19.5"

IainB

Retro Newbie
New car issues forces sale (why did I buy a Freelander!!) and to be honest I have 4 'decent' bikes, this, another Marin Wolf Ridge, Giant XTC 860 and a Raleigh Record Sprint (which is a mix of old and very new) all of which....well arent getting ridden!! (though are NOT for sale)

So, here we have it, my first 'proper' mountain bike, Im the 2nd owner and probably used this as much as the last - its been ridden about 10 times whilst in my possession, none of which has been anywhere near a mountain!
I did have visions of turning this into something more 'modern' with discs brakes and big forks - but given how much im using this and all the others (and having too many hobbies) this isnt going to happen and I need to release funds to get the Freelander on the road

Specs are as follows

Frame is alloy monocoque, measuring 19.5" from the center of crank to the top of the seat tube. I cant see any cracks, only small issue is that some of the decals have slightly lifted.
Forks are Manitou Answer
Wheels both have Mavic 217 rims, front running a White Industries hub, whilst the rear is Shimano Deore XT
Rear suspension is Fox Vanilla
Chainset is Shimano Deore XT with a White Industries crank (8 speed rear, 3 speed front)
Brakes are Shimano Deore XT
Stem is a System Ex alloy, whilst the Bar is an Mlite 6061 alloy, with Marin grips, whilst the headset is Dia Tech
Seat is a Ritchey Vector

Overall this is a genuine and un-modified example of an iconic bike, the only 'issues' I need to point out are as follows, missing 1 plastic bar end, the seat has scuffs on both sides (where its been against a garage wall) and the chain has some rust where I didnt store the bike correctly...its currently living the front room much to the other halfs annoyance!

This is the last photo taken, im working on some more which I will add a link too shortly

Looking for £230, Im located in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. Would prefer a face to face sale, have the ability to deliver for the cost of petrol (even better if its somewhere where we can take the dogs for a day) and, if pushed....will post (that is not my preferred option)

SOLD

Re:

Epic failure on sorting the new photos - will try my best to upload some before the weekend

Open to sensible offers (Ive managed to get the Freelander on the road - albeit in 2WD) so im not as desperate for a sale (other half may not agree!) but please dont take advantage and offer something silly. I appreciate my post count is, shall we say a little low - but this is a genuine sale

I have the same and oddly enough have the same visions :LOL:
A good price considering you get most of a m739 groupset :cool:

Best of luck and if i didnt already own one id have that in a flash.

dyna-ti":2q3oll2v said:

The potential new owner is looking to bring it more up to date :mrgreen:
Though at the minute its like wrestling a greased octopus trying to get it into a transport box - what a way to spend a saturday night!

IainB":2abos6vg said:
dyna-ti":2abos6vg said:

The potential new owner is looking to bring it more up to date :mrgreen:
Though at the minute its like wrestling a greased octopus trying to get it into a transport box - what a way to spend a Saturday night!

Considered removing the shock and folding the swing arm up to make the size smaller ?

Back