Marin Muirwoods minus wheels for sale Any offers?!!

RodH

Dirt Disciple
My Marin Muirwoods for sale. It's the complete bike but NO WHEELS! I have moved to a flat and not been using it. It's locked in an underground car park. Lo and behold I went to check it out and some swine has swiped both wheels.

It's a 1994 which I bought from a lady who had it from new. I think I would like to see what you think it's worth. If anyone has a pair of cheap wheels maybe I'll hang on to it.

Size is 17 1/2" centre to centre and it's quite original. It's not perfect just an everyday nice ride. I can't be bothered taking any new pictures so I've tried to use some from a couple of years ago. It's much the same anyhow.

rockstar forks. Photos make it look a bit better than it is. Being honest. I'd much rather someone on here has it than stick it up for sale elsewhere. I'm sure I can get something else from the ads here too. I'll probably remove one of the bottle cages but the downtube one is nice original that I will leave on.

Let me know what you think out there. Is it worth around £40?

I'm really cheesed off about letting it go because of the theft. I'm in E Barnet, N London.

Plenty viewings. Does any one want to make me an offer? I won't be upset!

Attachments

• bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 515
  • bike 2.jpg
    bike 2.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 515
  • bike 3.jpg
    bike 3.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 515
Re:

I'd be inclined to find some reasonably priced used wheels. Try the Wanted section, someone here must be fairly close to you and have a pair.

If you're keen to sell, you'll probably get more than £40 by splitting it and selling the individual parts.

If you do split, can I dibs the saddle, seat post, seat qr and blue Marin bottle cage please? :D

Re:

I would hang on to it, nice bike with original components, should be able to get a set of wheels fairly cheap!

Re:

HI,

I have some cheap wheels ,of a 97 marin bear valley se.

Yours for £27 posted.

Regards

Thanks everyone, a few ideas beginning to form now and some pms coming in.

Many thanks, watch this space. It is a nice original bike and if I can get some suitable wheels cheap enough that would be good.

I've put a wanted ad in for a pair of wheels. Why didn't I think of that??

Latest posts

Back