Marin Mount Vision 1998 Swingarm Bearings.

Meejoir

Retro Guru
It was supposed to be so easy....

My Mount Vision was my first proper MTB and I’ve had her since new in 1998. She’s in use most weeks and with a slightly bigger coil spring I find the suspension just about perfect.

Lately, I’ve been thinking about a major overhaul. I always fancied Hope disc brakes and in general a new group set would give her a new lease if life. I’ve managed to find a rear swingarm locally with disc tabs so I thought a nice new coat of paint - if anyone’s followed benandemu’s rebuild on here you’ll see what I had in mind.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=112170

In order to have the paint job I want (blasted and powder coated) I need to totally strip the frame of any parts (obviously). Everything’s off except the bearings, so c course I can’t remove the swingarm. How do I remove the bearings from the swingarm pivot? They were replaced about 10 years ago under Marin’s lifetime warranty so I think they should have been well greased. Here’s the bearing in question:

Damaging the swingarm doesn’t really matter as obviously I have a new one to fit anyway.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Attachments

• C0F0D817-C986-4C3C-9987-8111C51315A0.jpeg
    C0F0D817-C986-4C3C-9987-8111C51315A0.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 392
Re:

Problem solved with a hammer and punch - and no damage to swingarm or bearings.

Now to remove the seized Octalink bottom bracket....

Back