Long bolt to go from the back of the small chain ring into the RH crank arm. Where to get this?

Mattyboy

Dirt Disciple
Hi All

I am not sure if this is the correct part of the forum but I hope so.

I am servicing a bike with 2010 Campy Athena Polished Ally Groupo and it turns out that the special long chain-ring bolt (the other 4 are "standard") which goes in from the inside face of the small chain-ring is missing.

The ally spacer is still there held in by grime but not the bolt.

I have seen full sets of these on;ine for about 35 to 40 quid!

I only need the one long one.

Any ideas where this could be sourced individually please?

Thank you
Matty :)

The hidden bolt used on the original Record cranks was Campagnolo part FC-RE102, don't know if the same was used on the Athena. There are now loads of differently designed (flat/domed/Torx/Hex socket) and designated bolts, some for carbon cranks, others for alloy. Mercian cycles have FC-CE005 & FC-VL005 on their web site, maybe one of them will fit. I bought a replacement non-hidden bolt for my Record rings and some other odd Campag spares couple of years back, I'll see if I can hunt out the source.

The hidden bolt used on the original Record cranks was Campagnolo part FC-RE102, don't know if the same was used on the Athena. There are now loads of differently designed (flat/domed/Torx/Hex socket) and designated bolts, some for carbon cranks, others for alloy. Mercian cycles have FC-CE005 & FC-VL005 on their web site, maybe one of them will fit. I bought a replacement non-hidden bolt for my Record rings and some other odd Campag spares couple of years back, I'll see if I can hunt out the source.
Thank you for your help

Matty

I had a similar issue on some Chorus alloy cranks (square taper) and FC-CE005 was right for the job. I bought from Mercian.

Back