Latest Purchase - Orange Gringo!

lincs90smtb

Raleigh Fan
Morning all

I collected the latest bike to my collection yesterday, another one that I once owned BITD

A 1998 Orange Gringo...not very high end in the range but a decent enough frame set at least.

Seemingly, fairly original apart from the rear tyre, seat post clamp and the saddle I fitted once I got it home.

Not a massive amount to do to it, but it defo needs a fresh set of decals.

Any ideas who does them in the correct style? I see Indiprint list some but they seem like block colours?

Gringo 1.jpg

Gringo 2.jpg

Gringo 3.jpg

Morning all

I collected the latest bike to my collection yesterday, another one that I once owned BITD

A 1998 Orange Gringo...not very high end in the range but a decent enough frame set at least.

Seemingly, fairly original apart from the rear tyre, seat post clamp and the saddle I fitted once I got it home.

Not a massive amount to do to it, but it defo needs a fresh set of decals.

Any ideas who does them in the correct style? I see Indiprint list some but they seem like block colours?

View attachment 762516

View attachment 762517

View attachment 762518

That's a very orange Orange. I like them when they are like that. Lovely.

A slight update, in the sense that I washed it and changed the forks!

I ran one the same as this in 98/99, so its a bit of a throw back in reality!

One thing that does grip me though is the fact the brake bosses are the wrong way round, that's how they arrived.

A job for another day, because there is loads planned with it.

Gringo After.jpg

Re brake bosses - some years (1994 and around) - did have them on rear….I know; I had them - and there was a very good rationale for so doing … but then a question for someone … when did they flip around again? Or not….

Last edited:
I'll admit, that mine in 1997/8 had them on the rear, but i cant say I've seen any like this before.

I was going to swap them round, but I wasn't sure how much flex they have as they wouldn't go over the wheel lugs at the bottom.

Ah ha!
More fronties….

Back