Kona Kula 2008 - HT

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
For sale is my 2008 Kona Kula, owned since new and well looked after with some choice upgrades. This has served me well since new but it's time to move on. It's a typical Kona with a lovely riding frame and fork setup. The frame has a few chips and scuffs (no dents) that I have pictured as it has been ridden (not hard though) and not left in a garage. This was around £1000 new but despite this a few components were not befitting a 'race' spec machine so I have replaced them with better parts. Everything is working well and the forks were serviced by me with new Rockshox seals and good quality fork oil in the correct grades.

18" Kona Butted Aluminium Race Frame. Nice geometry finished in Red Metallic and White pearl.

Rock Shox Recon Race Solo Air fork with Motion control and lockout (remote lockout can be added). Lovely fork that is nice and smooth stanchions have no wear and it works perfectly. Currently setup for 100mm travel but can easily be changed to 80mm by changing air pressure.

Deore XT transmission, front and rear mechs and shifters 3 x 9 setup, lots of gears and upgraded from the cheap Deore shifters and front mech originally fitted.

Hayes Stroker Trail V6 disc brakes, original fit and one of the good points from the original spec, have needed nothing doing since new (supplied with a new spare set of pads)

Mavic Cross Ride disc wheelset, straight and true, smooth bearings and quite light, Fitted with Panaracer Fire XC 2.1 Tyres with loads of tread left. A massive upgrade from the heavy and frankly rubbish (deore/formula) original wheelset.

FSA Super Moto Chainset and Mega Exo external bottom bracket, smooth BB bearings, chainset has 22,33,44 tooth rings with little wear on them.

SRAM PG980 Cassette and Chain, another upgrade from the original Deore stuff that wore out quickly and wasn't very light.

FSA Orbit MX Headset upgraded from the original cheap and heavy original to this sealed cartridge unit.

Control Tech 3D Seatpost, Control Tech Newton Stem, Control Tech Scandium flat bars. All upgrades from the original factory fitted Kona branded stuff that was heavy and ugly.

Ritchey True Grips, foam grips that are light and comfortable a lot nicer than the original rubber Kona grips.

Charge Spoon Saddle light and comfortable.

Please note, the SPD pedals are not supplied but I will supply a set of metal cage pedals so it can be ridden away if desired.

Price is £380 C on C.

If anyone want's a courier I will package up in a bike box and buyer can arrange a courier collection but all costs and risk will be on the buyer and payment will be PP Gift.

Carl.

Pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/148725316@N06/?

Back