Kona Hei Hei project

fattiman":1rzd8zja said:
dongward":1rzd8zja said:
fattiman":1rzd8zja said:
Decals wrong colour and applied incorrectly

'KONA' decal may look a little low once the cranks are on but I think the colour is fine - how can it be 'wrong' when it's not a stock build...?

Wrong placement of the top tube decal and down tube. Regarding the colour, I presume that the owner didnt go for the silver 94 decals as he wanted it to look like a 95 model. If this is the case, as I suspect it is, then the decals mounted are the wrong colour for the 95 model year!

Hard to tell re colour (I think the yellow is fine) but OP's frame is a '95 anyway so '95 decals make sense... ach I think it's grand - looking forward to seeing this thing built up OP :D

fattiman":1uf0007d said:
dongward":1uf0007d said:
fattiman":1uf0007d said:
Decals wrong colour and applied incorrectly

'KONA' decal may look a little low once the cranks are on but I think the colour is fine - how can it be 'wrong' when it's not a stock build...?

Wrong placement of the top tube decal and down tube. Regarding the colour, I presume that the owner didnt go for the silver 94 decals as he wanted it to look like a 95 model. If this is the case, as I suspect it is, then the decals mounted are the wrong colour for the 95 model year!

The placement of the decals is indeed a little off, but they are the correct font for this 1995 frame. As for the correct tone of the Gold colour, they do appear to be bolder than the catalogue, but perhaps the camera and lighting is causing this. The decals were supplied by Gil, but I doubt that he will comment on them.

If you take a look at the first thread started by santoscdn, there is further detail on this frame.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=388680

Pip.

Back