Kona Combo Cage: tyre patch kit circa 1991/2

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Think I got a combo cage on a Kona Fire Mountain I recently bought.

waterbottle.jpg

Yes it is, minus the patch kit, levers and bottle though by the looks of things.

Re:

I did a 100 mile round-trip, to buy a whole bike just for the Combo cage fitted to it :facepalm: Thankfully I made my money back on the bike!

I won't use it now as I have a mint Joe Murray bottle to fit in it too. My tube of glue is unopened. It sits in a box wrapped in tissue paper. So very, very sad. :oops: I tell myself when my Explosif gets sold at some point in the future I'll add the combo cage to increase the retail value ;)

SP

I didn't realise what it was when I bought the bike. It looks like some aftermarket gimmicky cage, nearly binned it :oops:

Think I'll keep it now and be on the lookout of the Joe Murray bottle and patch kit.

Topeak offers a couple modern variations.... the ninja cage includes tire levers, and there are optional bottom pods mounts for a storage pouch or a multi-itool.

Back