Klein Pinnacle 1988 - BOTM April 2006

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Rare old Klein for sale. I'm the second owner. I bought it in 2006 from the original owner, a true a retro enthusiast from these parts - Big Lev. If you search his old posts, you will see he raced it from 1989 - 1992, coming 2nd at Park Farm in 1989, mid twenties at Cannock and top 20 at Wendover for the Marin series in 1990. Also the original owner came third in a bunny hop competition to none other than Jez Avery, with a 25.5 inch hop on it! Unfortunately Jez did a 38inch hop!

This bike was fully rebuilt in 2006 and it won Bike of the Month in April 2006

It's pretty much untouched since then as in my ownership it's only been ridden from London to Brighton in 2006 and that's about it. Other than a little pedal around the block, its been a garage queen ever since and now I'm just not going to use it and need the space, so reluctantly have to say farewell to one of the prettiest bikes you are ever likely to see. Guaranteed head turner.

Full Spec;

Klein Pinnacle - square to round chain stays, internal cables

Bullseye Cranks, cassette bottom bracket

Frame reprayed by Argos in 2006

Pace forks - colour matched

Titantium bars and stem

Deore Shifters and 4 finger levers

Control Tech Cantilevers

Michelin slicks

Laytex inner tubes

Mavic Paris Dakar wheels - radial spoke pattern on front

ODI grips

105 rear mech, DX front

Rolls sadle

In the interest of full disclosure - the Bullseye Cranks do what all Bullseye Cranks do and eventually work lose and the front wheel is slightly out of true

For sale on E-bay from £400 or BIN for £650. Open to offers.

Struggling to add pictures - so heres a link to the ebay listing - hope thats okay and doesn't break forum rules

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Klein-Pinnacl ... 256d719958

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
WOW, you have really looked after that. Every bit as good as I remember it. 100% as I left it apart from the pedals.

Ahh the memories. Shame I grew up and its too small for me or I would buy it back.

I should say that the pace fork are the rare 531 versions. and that Kleins with the Bulleye cransk are also pretty rare. and that it was blue dye tested for cracks before the rebuild.

Best of luck selling.

Cheers
Pete

Back