Wanted Klein Adept 700c MTB Fuselage 23" USED

AirPressure

Old School Hero
I'm in search of an Adept fuselage or complete bike. Size 23 or 21 would be lovely.
True 21, not the 19" that people list as 21"

This will be used as a year round all weather commuter so I'm after something used/ in fair condition. Not collectable.

No beauty queens. No asinine prices.

I think youre not really aware of the rarity and the prices people are willing to pay for them as soon as one pops up.

I know at least 3 guys who DESPERATELY are in search of a 23" Adept of the true Klein era - and are willing to pay thousands (!) of pounds or euros for it. Maybe not 4.900 but like 3.000, 3.500?

Get in line with the others, I say! Maybe your general expectation is beyond reality and from a different planet.

No, its not my ad! My 23" 1994 Klein Adept is Horizontal linear fade.

Fully in line with fguki:
- searching all plattforms globaly you won't find any Adept
- if yes they are gone in minutes if there is a reasonable price
- or the prices are in spheres you might have to sell your granny

Had in all the years 2 Adepts and sold each for 4k+
Assume your only chance to get a cheap Adept is from a local
flee market where the owner has no clue which gem he has.
And so far I have never seen a 23" offered somewhere.

Last one offered before that shown above was an eBay auction at the easter weekend in 2021. Which I won for basically a super steal price.

You have to take in consideration that a 23" Adept 1992/1993/1994 is MUCH (!) rarer than a super high class Adroit. The (real) Adept (up to 1994) is the rarest stock KLEIN out there. And literally everybody wants one for his collection. Even if you already own 4x 7.000 Dollar Adroits with all PAUL components. You still want an Adept. And almost all of them collectors never ever had the chance to even see one in person.

All that leads to prices far beyond your imagination. And believe me: Yes, the seller definitely will get his 4.000 /4.500 or even 4.900 Euros. If not this month, then maybe next January. No problem at all ...

I got a second one as well (1993). But its an XS frame for the wifey or the kids. And is has a large dent in the top tube. That, I would possibly let go for 2.500. Or I will send it to Dave Wilkins over the winter for a re-paint in Gator linear fade. Boosting it up to 4.000 for the fuselage set. Asian collectors and several people from Latin America love the XS frames. Easily!

I have to agree with the two guys above. I have several MC1 Kleins including a 1993 Adept and I also think that you have misguided expectations of pricing. These are rare and highly sought after bikes and they command high prices accordingly. The fact that you even write in your post that you don't want high prices makes me wonder why you are even looking for an early '90's Klein Adept in the first place. There are plenty of other 700c Hybird bikes from those years available to buy that ride great, and are much cheaper.

Having said that; it looks like you are based in the US, and we all know that prices there are much lower than here in Europe. I think if you have any chance of finding an Adept at a price acceptable to you; then it will most likely be Stateside. My advice would be to focus your search locally there and leave the "asinine prices" as you put it, to us Europeans...

Star12

Last edited:
Back