Kileaua - front bounce or not?

oldave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My 97 Kileaua currently runs SID XC Hydra Air. Have acquired NOS 2006 Project 2s, 410 a to c, full 260mm steerer, never fitted. Although I can find no confirming stamping, the sales invoice says triple butted - and weight 930grm with full steerer seems about right.
Obviously would drop front end a bit, but I think OK for tarmac use as my necessarily low geared dry weather "road bike"!
To swap or not..... 20230429_105200.jpg

Try it, I think it would look smart and be fast. You could always refit the sus fork if you don't like it. I like the chain stay protector.
Didn't you buy a Lava Dome (I think) frame in purple, have you built it? Edit where did you get your saddle bag?

I am biased as prefer rigid over suspension anyway, but for road I would think rigid would be better, as long as your roads are better condition than around here :) the bike will be lighter for starters and like above should be faster.

Roads standard rubble and pot-hole strewn awfulness! Aestheticly I prefer rigids, but my arthritic hands and wrists are thankful for suspension!
Could use rigids with current 2" tyres or keep SIDS but with 1.5" tyres for "speed". Probably equal out.
I am v slow rider these days, so even marginal weight savings and rolling improvements are a help!

Nice Kilauea 👍, I favour rigid also. All my Konas run rigid, feel/ride better that way IMHO.

Back