For Sale JRJ Olympic rings frame and fork from 1959/60 23"c-top fully built as bike

half cog

Senior Retro Guru
Had this for around a year now and its just not getting used so time it went.Having done around fifteen miles on it I would say it is a very usable classic.It certainly rides well.I contacted bob jackson with the frame number and they confirmed it was built at the end of 59 or very early 60. The frame has had a professional re spray at some point so the paint work is quite tidy and what chips there are have been touched in with well matching paint.I cant see any damage to the frame and fork whatsoever. Its built with 531.The top tube is 23" c-c giving a standover of approx 32 1/2" The equipment goes from newish to period correct. The wheels are Lambert large flange hubs with sealed bearings laced to Mavic special sport tubular rims. I put the tubs on new and I doubt they have done more than fifteen miles since fitted.They are schwalbe lugano. Most of the rest of the stuff is suntour/dia compe/stronglight and milremo. If I end up keeping this then I will have it resprayed with bands and a matching head tube.I may not get any more time to use it but it would be very decorative.The lugwork is quite ornate. Asking £425 for the whole bike as in the photo. I am about sixteen miles from harrogate in Nidderdale.Am happy to box it down for courrier collection or meet up or would send at buyers expense. Any questions then please ask and I will get back a.s.a.p.Would supply more photos to interested parties if requested

Attachments

• RBCopy of jrj right side no 1.JPG
    RBCopy of jrj right side no 1.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 88
  • RBCopy of jrj  front  right.JPG
    RBCopy of jrj front right.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 79
  • RBCopy of jrj back right.JPG
    RBCopy of jrj back right.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 66
  • RBCopy of jrj front.JPG
    RBCopy of jrj front.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 62
  • RBCopy of jrj chainset.JPG
    RBCopy of jrj chainset.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 60
  • RBCopy of jrj front top.JPG
    RBCopy of jrj front top.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 83
putting it on e bay at £395 or here for £350 After that its back in the shed and sort it out later.
Thanks
Peter

Last edited:
Back