IF THE CHINESE CAN COPY IT THEY WILL......

tbh I was wanting to hate on this but there are some parts that look useful in there like tools and spares etc. Is it that much different to the repro's being sold on here?

I bought their Ringle repro skewers twice ( pewter and black) . Very good cnc quality and anodising, and very reasonable price for the high quality offered. No shiping issues, etc. I have never had Ringle ones, but I doubt they could be any better, aart of being genuine and Usa made.
I would believe they are europe or american made if they claim it. I've worked with many related bicycle companies in Taiwan first, and China later, in the past, and if engineering is well done from your side, they manufacture very well and at good prices . 95% of modern bicycles are made there, so they canont do that bad! The problem s when they design , I don't know why but its design ability is still limited....
The skewers I tried ( twice) were/are very good. I tried a swiss Ringle repro skewers, and the anodised was very ugly and CNC was simpler!

Attachments

• IMG_20230805_141025.jpg
    IMG_20230805_141025.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20230805_141034.jpg
    IMG_20230805_141034.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230805_141043.jpg
    IMG_20230805_141043.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230805_141055.jpg
    IMG_20230805_141055.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 19
Roc Fu is the person behind improvepart. Heā€™s a good guy and makes some nice stuff that otherwise people couldnā€™t get.

Itā€™s no different that all the people in Europe making ā€˜reproā€™ stuff. Apart from his location. I see no difference and think itā€™s a good thing.

Roc Fu is the person behind improvepart. Heā€™s a good guy and makes some nice stuff that otherwise people couldnā€™t get.

Itā€™s no different that all the people in Europe making ā€˜reproā€™ stuff. Apart from his location. I see no difference and think itā€™s a good thing.
I've fully agree and also have bought already stuff from Improvepart.
Roc Fue is a bike enthusiast and his skills are helpful to get additional supply for meanwhile rare stuff.

Has anyone an idea if his Onza HO parts could be also combined with genuine Onza brakes? I do have meanwhile a big lot of parts, just Alu holder/brake shoe clamps are heavily missing.

I really like the look of those HO's. I've always wanted to have them F&R on a build (with Chill Pills obvs) but they really do seem to be made of cheese.

How authentic are the repro's to the originals?

+1 for the comment ref the quality of the material though, I wouldn't want to spend Ā£Ā£Ā£ only to find they are sub-standard (again)

Also, absolute lolling at some of the comments on the ebay page. One was getting out of their box that it took 2 weeks to get something delivered to the US from China. I'm no expert, but that sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Back