I don't like moots anymore. Or Wilderness Trail Bikes (WTB). New wheel size 750d anyone?šŸ˜

Lower preasure more foot print and more roll resistance. No thank you. The suspension has to work too.

Give this a read from a tyre manufacturer

I donĀ“t buy that speech. Pros use what their patreons give to show off and shell us what they want.

Top level proā€™s will use whatever they like to get an advantage

Why road bicycles use that narrow tires .... they are wrong. they shoud use more than 40mm ... or 50 or even more. They add a little bit and when they do mountains they put a bit wider to get advantage in fast road descends.

It is a combination, not only high preasure. Each tire has a optimun preasure to roll or grip. I havƩn said that with much more preasure will roll faster, that is not true because the foot print will be the same from one value. Going fat rise watts as said the table, so yes it rolls worse. But in MTB depends hor the thread is, big or small knobs, separation etc but the best performace if we speak of rolling fast, will not come from a 2.5 tire.

Read again the article, it is a bout road bicycles. We are not speaking about road bicycles. We donĀ“t speak about confort etc. They go too high in preasure even in their lower setings. We speak about fast rolling tires in MTB modern or retro.

Last edited:
Great article on tyre pressures, I've read a few previously but that one seems to cover all the bases clearly and concisely.

May I propose a unifying and not at all contentious idea on wheel sizes....
Size wheels entirely according to frame size. With this 'simple' change every size bike can look just right and in perfect proportion! šŸ˜‰

May I propose a unifying and not at all contentious idea on wheel sizes....
Size wheels entirely according to frame size. With this 'simple' change every size bike can look just right and in perfect proportion! šŸ˜‰

Donā€™t go talking sense round here! That kind of thinking leads to a ban šŸ˜‚

Thereā€™s an infamous photo of some of our group part way down the next link. Can you honestly say that all those riders should be using the same wheel size.

Canā€™t believe people are getting so worked up about something that is just in the experimental stage. None of the parts are even available for sale.

Canā€™t believe people are getting so worked up about something that is just in the experimental stage. None of the parts are even available for sale.
I'll tell you why. Because some of us (meaning me) invested in bikes with both 26" and 650c wheel sizes. And one of those sizes (which was totally mainstream) is now superceded. The other is virtually obsolete. That's why. I hope it fails. Just because. If I can't have 650c (which is in fact a great idea for smaller riders), you're not getting 750d.šŸ¤Ŗ

Well and carbon and chinese production ... whant happened with Moots and his beautiful ti frames. https://moots.com/bikes/gravel/express/

Copy paste:_ The juicy part of the answer is that our composite components, the frame, fork, handlebar, stem, and seatpost are manufactured by two long term partners based out of China and Taiwan.

One cat have been killed. Moots copy Decathlon gravel bicycles ?

PD: šŸ¤­

1.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks very average. When you pay moots prices you whant something special.

Look at this e bicycle, it looks amazing. You have to check too times to see if it is a e-bike. Looks special. There is a version that cost the same as the moots but looks sick. Or the canyon CF7 but I donĀ“t like the head set and it is bulky, the motor is big, the battery is big ... This is the future ... light weight and slim e-bicycles. Well the future for e. bike lovers or not exacty e-bike lover because it is a diferent concept ... it is e-doping šŸ¤£.

EDIT. I have configure one with custom options and full specks and ... it is more than the moots. But I still like more. I donĀ“t know if moots gives you custom options on this one, it
1.jpg

And details, for that price we whant detail like a range extender port integrated with only add a battery with the saphe of a bottle in the seat tube. Or the rear integrated red safe light. Very cool.
orbea-gain-2023-5 (Small).jpg

Attachments

• 1695728947676.jpeg
    1695728947676.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back