How to get pulley wheels off Sach Huret Aris 1500?

evenflow

Retro Newbie
I have a Raleigh Record Sprint with Sach Huret Aris 1500 rear derailleur. The pulley wheels are starting to look abit worn and I would like to replace them. The lower (tension) pulley comes off easily just unscrewing a bolt. For the upper (guide) pulley however I find no apparent way of removing the cage to get to the pulley.

You can see front and back here:
http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 0864c35f26

The bolt holding the upper pulley (and the cage plate) appears to go straight through the derailleur body. You can see it's big head on the first photo and it's smaller end in the second photo. As I turn the cage plate (360), this bolt rotates with it (and is hard to clamp and prevent from doing so).

As can be seen in the images on velobase it almost appears the cage plate, and the pulley with it, has be peened in place. That seems abit excessive... it's lower end but still a name brand. Looking closer it might just be a really tight fit. Easy to bang on, not so easy to get of without manufacturing something to properly hold the cage plate as you bang on the "peened" end.

Does anybody know what the deal is - if and how you are supposed to be able to replace the upper pulley on this derailleur?

Thanks

Back