Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Just had a quick flick through possibly my most productive build period yet… No prizes for guessing why……. :roll:

March 26th 1999 Marin Shoreline Trail Finished viewtopic.php?f=21&t=406857&start=140
March 27th 1996 Claud Butler Cape Wrath finished viewtopic.php?f=6&t=397326&start=50
April 24th 1989 Concorde Astore “Team America” Finished viewtopic.php?f=23&t=409661&start=40
June 15th 1981 Claud Butler Colstar RetroMod viewtopic.php?f=23&t=409971&start=40
June 19th 1984 Claud Butler Canyon viewtopic.php?f=6&t=404128&start=110
July 8th 1995 Claud Butler Titanius Finished viewtopic.php?f=6&t=405760&start=200
August 5th 1996 Trek OCLV Y-50 Dark Tribute finished viewtopic.php?f=6&t=406947&start=160

Think I might lie down for a bit……. :|

Nah! Who am I kidding…it’s a disease…. :facepalm:

Re:

Despite working, I managed to do my FSR in probably less than 72hr working time, My AMP however is my usual slow & confused building pace :D :D

To be honest, only the Colstar was started during lockdown... the rest had a much longer history..

Re:

Just my Raleigh Randonneur really and that was finishing touches .

New cassette , middle chainring and chain fitted to my Mercian .

Now looking at a full service on my winter ride ,Which is a Lynskey Sportive
New bearing into Hope hubs together with new rims on my spare wheels which had remained on it from last year over Winter . :facepalm: Hence worn out rims . Changed the cassette etc in early March prior to the current situation .

Also have a new ride to build . Just purchased a Spa cycles wayfarer frame set which I will use for trails and rough stuff ie some of Derbyshire road surfaces are terrible at the momment .
I am using parts I have to hand,so nothing to fancy .

Removed a layer of dust from the Tandem last week . Now to try and get the boss out on it :?:

As for proper major retro projects, in a word none in the pipeline other than tinkering with what I already own.

Looking to swap a nice Campagnolo Gran Sport chainset 52/42 complete with dust caps for a TA Cyclotourist set with smaller rings ie 46 /36 ....anyone interested please pm me .Photos on request .

Re:

Haven’t actually built a bike during the pandemic, but have been fettling, buying, selling and preparing for future builds.

Just waiting for a headset to arrive so that i can start my ‘94 FSR build, and then wait for the wheels to come back from the builders.

Now got a ‘99 GT Lobo 1000 DH on the stand awaiting a HOPE brake refurb, and needing the Boxxer Pros servicing.

All while i need to finish my two Giant ATX 990s :roll:

Impressive list.

Have a few builds on going, skipping from one to the other as and when bits are found. I would say hopefully have them finished soon, but seem to have been at that point for a while now :facepalm:

Re:

Bubbling away nicely at the moment over here!

Built and finished a Yellow P7 and my Saracen, both of which have gone to good homes...
Done some much needed tweaking and servicing on a couple of my other rides
Currently building up a parts bin-esque Dad/Pub bike with moustache bars
Finally got my cargo bike booked in for some much needed welding work :D

Best of all I might even have my RC200 up and running soon...almost 10 years after buying the frame :facepalm:

1999 Orange Mr XC stalled at retro Hope calliper stuck
GT mountain bike frame to Gravel bike, running as single speed and working on 1x9 gear change.
Tandem all parts sourced for Magura hydraulic rim brake conversion

Back