House clearance Falcon, £20 Croydon (black diamond?)

I am in Wallington/Beddington, so quite near, but croydon is defo a shithole! Not what it used to be, I wouldn't go there by myself nowadays, only ever use it for the train station to Brighton.

Everybody says that these days. Rich history of bike building though - Allin, Jensen, Roberts, Geoffrey Butler, Tonard, Freddie Grubb,Claud Butler/Holdsworthy just up the road in Anerley. Lots of great stuff in sheds still in the CR postcodes I reckon.

Everybody says that these days. Rich history of bike building though - Allin, Jensen, Roberts, Geoffrey Butler, Tonard, Freddie Grubb,Claud Butler/Holdsworthy just up the road in Anerley. Lots of great stuff in sheds still in the CR postcodes I reckon.
Defo.

I bought my first BMX, then my first MTB from bike shops in Croydon. Is it really that bad these days? I haven't been for about 25 years?!

I bought my first BMX, then my first MTB from bike shops in Croydon. Is it really that bad these days? I haven't been for about 25 years?!
I'm an expatriate southeast Londoner so unfair for me to say...but people I know still 'on the manor' say its gone way downhill of late. South Croydon is still posh, so are places bordering like Sanderstead, maybe even Addiscombe. My work colleague lives in central Croydon and has daily moans of people doing nasty things around his block.

But is there an area of planet earth richer in bike building history? So many people seem to have aquired and honed skills at Croydon and SE London bike shops.

I'm an expatriate southeast Londoner so unfair for me to say...but people I know still 'on the manor' say its gone way downhill of late. South Croydon is still posh, so are places bordering like Sanderstead, maybe even Addiscombe. My work colleague lives in central Croydon and has daily moans of people doing nasty things around his block.

But is there an area of planet earth richer in bike building history? So many people seem to have aquired and honed skills at Croydon and SE London bike shops.
there’s at least 1 stabbing every couple of weeks in Croydon, if not more but ones we never hear about. It’s like a zoo over there, not in a racist way!

Crikey, not the same as when I was not too far away (and foolishly turning down the advances of a Croydon based, aspiring ballet dancer as I had just finished with a long term squeeze.......anyone got a time machine I could borrow? 🤦)

it’s also spreading too Sutton now too. Stabbings are so common round here.

Latest posts

Back