Holdsworth special order Frame and forks. 1956

Tomianson

BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Hi all.
Im selling my very recently acquired Holdsworth special order Frame and forks 1956.
I bought this very recently and decided to plunder it for bits for another project i have going (completed bike to be posted here soon) so I'm selling this frame now.

So i have here this lovely, restored Holdsworth Special order. From 1956, the frame was recently refurbished by Bob Jackson.
The seat tube is 23 inches from centre of b/b to centre of top tube. The top tube is 23 inches from centre headtube to centre of seat tube.

Tubing is Reynolds 531

Lovely paintwork all round, this has a few little scratches from being built up and from transport to me (not very well packaged im afraid) but all in all it is in very good condition.
The frame comes with the original Campagnolo headset and bottom bracket. Also comes with new dropout adjuster screws.

I believe this bike was featured here on Retrobike a while back before but i cant find the thread.

The paint job is first class (barring the odd minor scratch as mentioned above), all the lug-lining is done by hand, the decals are new. Its a lovely frame all round, i've just not got the room for too many bikes at the moment and the other project is a bit more special.

Any questions please ask, it'll be posted here before posting on ebay soon, so first come first served.
Im not sure of value, although i know roughly what the new paint job it has would cost, so i'm asking £295 for frame/forks, but if i'm way out on value, dont be afraid to make me an offer.

Delivery £14.95 to mainland UK. Can ship worldwide at cost.

Thanks

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_0830.JPG
    IMG_0830.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_0832.JPG
    IMG_0832.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 631
Re:

You sure this is a special?

It looks like a Typhoon to me.

Also you don't state the type of tubing, only saying as people will want to know:)

Re: Re:

damon123":2j6bykln said:
You sure this is a special?

It looks like a Typhoon to me.

Also you don't state the type of tubing, only saying as people will want to know:)

Hi Damon.

Thanks. I'm not sure, i was sold it as a Special, but i'll see what else i can find out. There is a build thread on here somewhere, i'll see if i can find that.
The Tubing is Reynolds 531. Thanks for the heads up.
T

Re:

'Special' was a Holdsworth model name in the '70s-80s.
A daft model name, a complete oxymoron, but there you go..

If you say 'Holdsworth Special' that ^ is the frame people think of.

'special order' should probably be left without capitals (and the two words kept together) to avoid confusion?

Re: Re:

torqueless":3kk80p6e said:
'Special' was a Holdsworth model name in the '70s-80s.
A daft model name, a complete oxymoron, but there you go..

If you say 'Holdsworth Special' that ^ is the frame people think of.

'special order' should probably be left without capitals (and the two words kept together) to avoid confusion?

Just amended it, thanks for the info.
T

I had an 80's 531 special and it was nothing like this, I know yours is well before that. They did use it for multiple models and catalogues as you say. I'm curious as you put such a specific date, have you been told this from them via the frame number? I don't think its a special myself. It looks like a Typhoon if you are dating it correctly (but also have doubts about this as well as models that old pretty much all came with a metal head badge unless its been removed), otherwise I would say it was a different model.

http://www.nkilgariff.com/HoldsCats/Cat ... hoon55.gif

damon123":2fo59i0z said:
I had an 80's 531 special and it was nothing like this, I know yours is well before that. They did use it for multiple models and catalogues as you say. I'm curious as you put such a specific date, have you been told this from them via the frame number? I don't think its a special myself. It looks like a Typhoon if you are dating it correctly (but also have doubts about this as well as models that old pretty much all came with a metal head badge unless its been removed), otherwise I would say it was a different model.

http://www.nkilgariff.com/HoldsCats/Cat ... hoon55.gif

I found the build thread here.
Thats where the last owner got the info.
Thanks
T

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=365664

Back