Holdsworth 531 sinlge speed/fixie 53CM

formallykenster

Dirt Disciple
PLEASE NOTE I CAN NO LONGER ACCESS FORUM AS KENSTER (member for years 600 plus posts) hence formally kenster.

An original holdsworth 531 reynolds tubing steel track/path bike. It is with much anguish I am listing this. I have always said If I have a bike I am not using I cannot justify keeping it. Sadly living in North devon with all our hills this is getting it as much as it should. I would much rather know it is being used and ridden.

The bike sizing is as follows. The seat tube measured from centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube is 53cm. And the top tube measured centre of seat tube to centre of head tube is 54 cm. The head tube is 12.5cm in height. For reference the bike in the picture is set up for be and I'm 5 10.
The frame has been professionally resprayed and renovated hence the 531 renovated stickers. It had got gorgeous lugs and is superb to ride. Really smooth and comfortable.
This is a used bike and does have a number of marks and knocks on the paintwork. There are also very minor rusty spots in places. I have included pics of the seat post bolt. This is the worst damage to the paint work. I have painted a worst case picture of the condition above as I'm being honest. However in reality it is still a great looking machine and a pleasure to ride.

Since buying the bike I have spent considerable money on upgrading it. It has a new chain, the single speed and fixed hub is now available (previously it wasn't) new seat post, specialized avatar 143mm saddle, cables inners and outers, new deda bars and second hand 3t quill stem, tape and seconds hand Shimano slr brake levers. Oh and new campagnolo daytona brakes which work really well.

The rest of the spec is reynolds 531 steel tubing, the rear wheel is a hand built campagnolo omega strada aero rim with a on one flip flop hub so can be run fixed or free wheel. The front wheel is a quality wolber xt rim with a mavic 501 hub. Both the wheels run smoothly and straight. The crank set is Shimano 600 tri colour (42 tooth ring) 1 inch campagnolo (I think record) headset although can't be certain. I have a few other tyres i will throw in,and some single brake levers and new hoods. The current tyres fitted are a Michelin lithion 2 (front) and a halo twin rail on the rear. The pedals aren't included.
I pride myself on giving a quality service I will never sell anything I wouldn't be happy to receive.bid with confidence.

Any questions please ask, this is a great one of bit of British cycling history. She is superb to ride and you won't be disappointed I would prefer local pick up or meeting somewhere around devon (petrol expense) but have included a fully insured postage cost from Paisley freight. If you would like to use different courier or arrange one yourself I'm Ok but please communicate this before bidding so we can get an agreement established. consider postage. But will ask that any courier used that the bike is fully insured to cover any eventuality. I have posted numerous bikes with it problems and it will be wrapped very well and in a purpose built bike box. PLEASE contact me about delivery before bidding to discuss options.
Thanks for looking.
The serial number I can see is 041439. I know the original owner used to race tt on it etc. The head tube is 12.5cm in height. Thanks. Pic link below with more pics showing more detail and a few when I was building it. I will consider splitting this by the weekend if not sold complete.
ASKING £250 which is what I paid originally for the bike before the added expenses.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/vv4c29mkosod ... iG-vkTmt7a

Back