Hetchins Magnum Opus Deluxe 23" 2007 David Millar

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the vendor says this is 'a modern hetchins', a top of the line vintage Jack Denny built Magnum Opus with a Campagnolo group would be lucky to hit two thirds of this sale price at auction, like KDM I'm of the opinion that modern versions of vintage classics are very much less desirable than the genuine, original article.

EBay will let you know one way or the other, without pics you'll struggle to get any interest here...

Rusty old frames, well fine but there is a cost to correct them, Im originally a Sheet Metal Worker/ Fabricator and I now work as Aircraft Fitter, I am now 61, so engineering all my life, so Im not kidded. Just tubes brazed with lugs in the hands of a good tradesman, that's it, to Hetchin spec, just the same, the rest is in the mind, nostalgia and all that. Anything I have ever put on this site turns into a debate, the idea was to advertise to sell Not to go into lengthy discussion's really, although I am as much to blame for answering. One went on Ebay around a 2003 build and brought £1800 that was about 18 months ago.
I have an interested party on another site, I will not give this away and it will not worry me if I keep it, fact is it just doesn't get used much.
Thanks for all your interest and advise, but I would just like to leave this now and see if it will sell.

You seem very confident it'll sell on eBay, why wait? I think the reason most people would want to see detailed pics is a legitimate one - there are several 'Magnum Bogus' faked Hetchins in circulation, and it would be an easy way to pass one off to an unsuspecting newbie without photos. I don't think you have any chance of selling it anywhere, for that kind of cash, without posting up detailed photographs.
If you have a problem doing so, there are several forum members who could help you there.

If you're genuine you should have no issues posting photos.

I have no issues with pics, read the ad properly , I can send pics via email, for some reason I cant get them to upload on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back