help with identifying my peugeot bike

Re: Re:

This is the procedure I use for posting a picture:

• upload the picture to a photo hosting site
    get the link to the picture
    get back here and open the "Full editor"
    click the "Img" button, which will place two codes between brackets [...][...]
    paste the link between the two codes, so it looks something like this: [...]https://picturelocationurl.jpg[...]

Use "Preview" to, erm, preview the results and submit if OK.

Good luck!
Or if on a PC, resize the photo /image you've saved , by right clicking mouse and choose to open with whatever photo/image software you have and look for "resize image". Most offer S, M, L or % (Custom) -choose . Save image under different name so you keep original as well. Then insert/attach resized image to post. 1638388921435.png

If you want to identify which Peugeot bike model belongs to, locate its serial number on the underside of the bike's lower frame. We can begin to identify Peugeot bicycle models from the 1920s. The leading bike model introduced in this decade was the Peugeot P-10. Peugeot used six digits to mark its bikes released in the 1950s and 1960s, some even having seven digits in the late 1970s. As for 1980s bicycles, they have eight digits and an alphanumeric prefix in the serial number. Models introduced in the 50s had PC-10, PH-10, and PLX-10 in their serial numbers.
Can't find any model designation in my 1960 PX10 serial number... 2017-10-16_10-52-14.jpg 20200325_180634.jpg

As I mention at the end (so far) of the thread, I'm pretty sure it's a PLX10, which pre-dates the PX10, and which had the stamped droputs yours has. It's a fantastic find - hang onto it!
Oh, and S/Ns from this era and 60s tell us nothing, sadly.

Back