Head sets

Triumphtopy

Dirt Disciple
Comrades.. I’m new to this so thank for your patience, I’m building a couple of 1999 Zaskar’s and am seeking advice on both Head-sets and Bottom brackets.
On the former other than the size being 1 1/8” what would people use? A Chris King nothread set? Grip nut ? or WTB momentum Greease Guard?
On the bottom bracket which thread and which idealised set?
Thanks again..

Headset, anything that matches and it short enough for you fork steerer and stem to still work.

BB is probably a 73mm shell, as for the rest that completely depends on the cranks you are going to use.

For a 99 it’ll be a 73mm shell.

Axle length will depend on cranks

For that year I would go with a sealed headset as they were common place by that point.

CK is a favourite of mine but I also use cane creeks on many builds.

I have this one for sale if that any good

Yes that’s really helpful.. I wanted a pair of black headsets so the CC is a great start.. I will have it.. do you have a black Kore
For a 99 it’ll be a 73mm shell.

Axle length will depend on cranks

For that year I would go with a sealed headset as they were common place by that point.

CK is a favourite of mine but I also use cane creeks on many builds.

I have this one for sale if that any good

yes that’s really helpful; I wanted a pair of black head sets for the builds so the CCreek is a good start. Do you have a Kore Ahead Stem in Black or yellow?

I’ll drop you a pm mate about the headset

I’ve no Kore stems currently for sale but I did notice one on here in the FS section

Back