He pulled them from WHERE?

incorrigible

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It appears that this eBay seller has a bunch of parts from bikes that he wrecked and then put into storage.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=76spiderman_9&store_name=truedwheel&_oac=1&_dmd=2

You’d think he would clean them off a bit after pulling them out of storage before trying to sell them, butt, judging from the pics, he pulled them from where he wrecked ‘em.

:oops::eek:🤣💩

This gives new meaning to the phrase “double-butted tubing”.
(I'm thinking of changing my username from "incorrigible" to "immature")

Happy New Year everybody!

Wrecked 'em.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Am I missing something?

Looks like a pretty standard eBay seller, with some decent bits, at about normal 2023 (!) prices, in a mix of conditions?

PS. Full discretion: I've purchased from this guy several times offline, and he's a respectful and respectable collector and seller. He's got some lovely personal bikes tucked away and I think is just very proactive in buying and selling online.

I bought an M953 rear derailleur from him recently for a new project, in flawless condition. When it arrived all looked good so I stashed it away. My error was in not checking the limit screws. When I went to install it some weeks later, I realized one was seized. I assume because the mech had never really been used? Anyway, the seller offered to replace it for free with another of slightly less perfect cosmetic condition, but with perfectly functioning limit screws!

So no complaints here.

Might need that XT u-brake off him now too! So thanks for bringing his current eBay offerings too my attention!

Sorry.
I thought it was obvious.
I let my immature humor get the better of me.
No offense to the seller whatsoever, other than his choice of photographic backdrop.
This was all simply pointing out the seller's items photographed on some kind of dirt or grease encrusted backdrop accompanied by a play on words ("wrecked 'em")
Maybe some day I'll grow up.
I'll get my coat...

Am I missing something about these forks they look very short

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sorry.
I thought it was obvious.
I let my immature humor get the better of me.
No offense to the seller whatsoever, other than his choice of photographic backdrop.
This was all simply pointing out the seller's items photographed on some kind of dirt or grease encrusted backdrop accompanied by a play on words ("wrecked 'em")
Maybe some day I'll grow up.
I'll get my coat...
The 'photographic backdrop' does look vile. I'd be reaching for the antibacterial spray if I bought any of those items.

Back