GT Avalanche 1992

I love that 92 model year avalanche and that paint job. I bought one from a guy about 6 months ago and after getting a close look realized it it had JB weld across the bottom bracket shell and had been cleverly painted to disguise it. I removed the bottom bracket and sure enough you could see where the down tube had cracked at the junction with the bottom bracket. I got my money back out of the guy, but man I really wanted that bike.

I had my first avalanche back in 1988. One of the white ones with the crazy suntour U-brakes front and rear, and the color matched white GT BMX type cransket and suntour XC components also in white. That was a really neat bike I wish I could find again.

Thanks for the great pics always love to see the older GT's!

I love that 92 model year avalanche and that paint job. I bought one from a guy about 6 months ago and after getting a close look realized it it had JB weld across the bottom bracket shell and had been cleverly painted to disguise it. I removed the bottom bracket and sure enough you could see where the down tube had cracked at the junction with the bottom bracket. I got my money back out of the guy, but man I really wanted that bike.

Thanks, there was just something right about the pre aluminium boom GTs

I actually like it, and appreciate it more now than I did then

nice to see em looking original .i hate it when they hang all the bling on them

Yes and I have even put the original seat QR back on and when I get some Shimano skewers the blue ones are coming off, but the bottle bolts will stay as a subtle dash of colour to bring out the decals ;)

Back