Grafton speed controllers

Ashleyjacobsen

Retro Newbie
Can anyone help with a issue I have with the re issue Grafton speed controllers , I can’t get the brake pads to stay tightened . Thank you
Ashley J
IMG_4151.jpeg

No it’s not cracked , they are brand new, both sides of the cantilever don’t seem to tighten sufficiently, do they need to be torqued ? , they were purchased from John Grafton , so all the hardware would be correct , I don’t have his email anymore but I have contacted the Grafton shop , they are yet to reply , it should be a easy fix but it has me stumped 🤔

Is the black washer behind the allen bolt flat? It looks like a dished one but could be the angle. Is it a 10mm nut on the back? I'm wondering if the allen bolt is not threaded all the way up and the nut is starting to interfere with the end of the available thread?

a bike tech set the brakes for me so I was somewhat puzzled as I figure he knows his stuff , I told him I would do some research, I will certainly pass on your thoughts , i appreciate your help 👍🏼🇦🇺

Nice Klein! As fettler said, if the bolt is thread-bound it will feel like it's tight when it isn't. Another washer under the bolt head or nut should sort it.

never encountered this before 🤔 didn’t expect to have any problem considering what they are worth
I am waiting to hear back from JG

Back