going newquay start augt what bike to take

Re: Re:

M-Power":2k61f9bg said:
MarinMartin":2k61f9bg said:
I cycled to newquay today (the joys of living just down the road haha)

I h8 u :LOL:

Don't worry I hate me too :LOL:

Was a 26 mile round trip but a nice ride. Only went there to pick up some new bike gear. Truth be told I rarely go there. It's more of a tourist spot than somewhere I really enjoy. Where I live is a lot quieter and more preferable to me (goss moor trail and clay trails around the Eden Project, used to work there, for gentle off road rides and Lanhydrock/Cardinham woods just up the road from me for some proper mountain biking. Well worth a look if you're ever in the area.

themountie I would say join up for a ride but depends when it is as end of July I'm up racing in Plymouth.

Re:

i will be back at white acres, 23rd june. last year it was sweltering hot, you know that really hot week we had... there's absolutely no chance my mrs would let me take a bike with me. I did buy one once and bought it back with me and she was peed off with me for weeks...

alternatively you could spill the beans on any second hand bike shops you know of, if any...

MarinMartin":rtwi0e4h said:
M-Power":rtwi0e4h said:
MarinMartin":rtwi0e4h said:
I cycled to newquay today (the joys of living just down the road haha)

I h8 u :LOL:

Don't worry I hate me too :LOL:

Was a 26 mile round trip but a nice ride. Only went there to pick up some new bike gear. Truth be told I rarely go there. It's more of a tourist spot than somewhere I really enjoy. Where I live is a lot quieter and more preferable to me (goss moor trail and clay trails around the Eden Project, used to work there, for gentle off road rides and Lanhydrock/Cardinham woods just up the road from me for some proper mountain biking. Well worth a look if you're ever in the area.

themountie I would say join up for a ride but depends when it is as end of July I'm up racing in Plymouth.

I rode around there/Cornwall back in the v early 90s with my ex. Back when summers were hot and the local country dogs had sharp fangs :LOL: I got bitten on the ankle by one of a pack of farm dogs on the last day of the trip. I was riding past it on the public road btw. Spent the afternoon getting a tetanus jab. Police asked if i wanted the terrier type dog put down but i declined.

Retro junkie":9q2jt8ro said:
i will be back at white acres, 23rd june. last year it was sweltering hot, you know that really hot week we had... there's absolutely no chance my mrs would let me take a bike with me. I did buy one once and bought it back with me and she was peed off with me for weeks...

alternatively you could spill the beans on any second hand bike shops you know of, if any...

As luck would have it I have a friend who owns a second hand bike shop in Newquay....the best bit....he's a retro bike fanatic (particularly Konas and GTs) and has a store full of retro bikes. His personal collection is considerable to say the least ;) - including a couple of my old bikes. In fact 9 times out of 10 that's where I get any retro parts I need.

Search for retrocycles / ideal BMX in Newquay

Back