Ghosty's sale/trade thread - mechs etc

Re: Ghosty's sale/trade thread - XT, LX and more

Hi again mate , right erm i'm undecided :facepalm: , well as it goes i want a bottom pull front mech for my Raleigh which will be having XT cranks , pedals , BB and canti's so an XT front mech would tie it off but i also like the sachs so want some feed back if you don't mind mate ..

Both mechs are good - the Sachs is probably the best condition mech. However when I had the Sachs on the Cinder Cone, it didn't work properly with the STX shift pods it's had put on - you couldn't select the biggest front ring. I just took it off so I could run 1x8 on the big front ring until I get another(!) s/s chainring (it's staying 1x:cool:. It's down to what you prefer really but if you're doing anything like what I was, the XT might be a better choice even if it's not in as good nick. The Sachs definitely has a limited market as I don't know where in the range it belongs (seems to be on M56x Deore level evidently), and XT has more general appeal.

I see what you mean and although i've got SL rapidfire shifters on my Raleigh but was tempted to change em to either XT or LX thumbies so on that point an XT front mech would sort it ..

No problem - drop me a PM if you make a decision, all the pics of mechs are upthread :)

No response on PM re: Easton bar so it's still available.

XT bottom pull mech being held.

Back